Something I’ve noticed lately, is that meditation seems to ‘work’ in a variety of ways. It doesn’t just have one function.
1. You might have heard that meditation is a time to ‘download’ information from the Universe … or just to form whole thoughts about how to handle the ups and downs of life. But if you’ve got a pressing problem and you’ve taken to meditation to figure it out, don’t put pressure on yourself to come up with the answers straight away.
Sometimes the answers will come in a different way from what you expect. Sometimes 2-3 days later. Don’t be disappointed, just keep asking!
Regular meditation carries other benefits, though.
2. Your life drops into place. Everything becomes easier, but it isn’t those things, it’s you.
3. It’s because meditation changes your attitude. Whatever negative thought patterns you normally repeat, meditation allows you to pause and stand back from your life, to take a look at it from its farthest edge.
4. So it also gives you more clarity to help with decision-making.
5. And best of all? It empowers you, to face up to your choices and your life and enjoy them or change them, because somehow being present with your candle flame or just your eyes shut and the sound of ‘om’ can deliver a kind of fortitude that boosts your survival rate out in the real world.
If you build your own fortitude through meditation, it becomes clear pretty quickly that you get way more bang-for-your-buck than through finding strength in other people.
Suck it and see! If you don’t find what I’m saying is true, you can always stop 🙂
Love you and thank you